Congratulations to Rachael Mcpherson on her new role as Stock Assistant, Rachael is a great addition to the team, and her experience in the retail department has put her in good stead for this new role where she will be making sure stock levels and locations are correct. See what she had to say about her new role below:
1) Where did you work previously?
I worked in retail on the line prepping all the plants for the garden centres.
2) Where did you work before Johnsons?
I worked for Jigsaw, a clothing brand.
3)What does your new role involve?
My new role involves counting and checking all the stock making sure everything is where it should be as well as putting all production orders onto to the system and making stock saleable as quickly as we can.
4) What have the challenges been so far?
Definitely getting my head around the computer side of the role anyone who knows me knows I’m the least tech-savvy person going.
5) What do you like most about your career in horticulture?
I love that I have the option to work outside amongst the plants, its such a nice environment to work in.
6) What do you like to get up to outside of work?
Hiking, camping, travelling anything outdoorsy really.
7) Tell us something we don't know about you?
I am a florist and run my own business alongside my full-time job.
8) Favourite holiday destination?
To date, Iceland.
Posted 2nd Mar 11:32am