Congratulations to Jack Witham, who has been appointed Key Accounts Manager. Jack will be looking after several key Accounts nationally. Find out about Jack and his new role below:
1)Congratulations on your new role Jack; how will you be celebrating?
I am moving house so I will do a joint celebration when I move in there to celebrate, probably just get a takeaway and a few beers.
2) How will your new role differ from your previous one?
There are a lot fewer customers to look after now, but the amount of work won’t decrease. Some of the customers have a wide range of offices throughout the UK.
3) What are you most looking forward to in your new role?
It is always nice getting to meet and dealing with different people. I am looking forward to getting out on the road more and seeing customers.
4) Any challenges so far?
Not many at the moment, I suppose one of the challenges has been getting everyone informed that Andrew has left and I am looking after them. There is a lot of customers whom I have had to tell.
5)How will your experience on the wider nursery help in your new role?
Having good knowledge of the nursery helps massively when working in the office, you learn about plants and also about the timings it takes things to be done. This can help when deciding how late to put orders on.
6) Tell us something we don’t know about you: Nothing interesting really but I have a degree in Sports Journalism. I probably said that in my last Q and A.
7) What would we find in your packed lunch?
There is always a yoghurt and an orange. The rest varies. My main course often depends on what is still in the fridge. I don’t have the most glamorous lunches ever.
8) What do you like to get up to on a weekend?
Throughout summer, I play cricket for Whixley. I’m not really sure what I do in winter; I will find out. Probably take the dog for lots of walks and explore new places around Thirsk.
9) One item you couldn’t live without?
10) What is your dream holiday?
Barbados has to be up there, definitely. Or I wouldn’t mind watching the Ashes in Australia.
Posted 16th Sep 2:45pm