Congratulations to Matt Campey who has been promoted to Despatch Unit Manager from his previous deputy position. Matt joined Johnsons in 2016 and has worked his way up with various roles along the way. See what he had to say about being promoted below:
1) How will you be celebrating your new position at JOW?
Plenty of beer and enjoying the great weather we are currently having.
2) How will it differ from your previous position?
More responsibility in terms of managing the Despatch team, Internal Transport, Stock checking and ensuring all stock enters the correct delivery bays.
3) What are you most looking forward to within your new role?
I'm looking forward to the new tasks and challenges that the job role brings. Improving my overall plant knowledge and being a department manager for the first time.
4) What do you think the challenges will be?
The biggest challenge for me will be co-ordinating stock from all other sites (UK & Abroad) and getting the stock back to our Newlands site and into our delivery bays for loading.
5) A most memorable day at Johnsons:
That has to be the 20:30 finish that I had with Steve Morton and Chris Pickard. The longest and most tiring day I've had at JOW.
6) What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
I enjoy sports, especially football and watching Leeds United. I like going for walks and getting out and about. I'm not one for keeping still, and I've always enjoyed exploring new places.
7) Tell us a random fact about yourself:
I have played football for both Leeds United and Middlesborough Academies.
8) If you were deserted on an island, what’s the one luxury item you would take with you?
A swiss army knife or an axe.
Posted 27th Jul 10:54am