A warm welcome to Catherine Cowling who joins our cash & carry team - see what she had to say about her new role below:
1) What will your new role involve?
Caring for the plants and their environment within the cash & carry team.
2) Where have you worked previously to Johnsons?
I have owned my own business for the last 22 years. Time for a change and new adventures.
3) What makes the horticultural industry attractive to you?
As a keen amateur gardener, I am as happy talking to the plants as I am to my colleagues, customers and inquisitive robins alike.
4) Tell us something that you have learnt during your time at JOW that you didn't know before?
The plants around me have more up-to-date passports than I do.
5) What would we find you doing at the weekend?
Rebuilding, restoring and renovating an old cottage in the Yorkshire Dales using heritage materials and methods. A labour of love and a thief of time.
I am also writing a novel.
6) Favourite cuisine?
Keralan (South Indian).
7) Have any hidden talents?
Many hidden talents I harbour well, but am reluctant to share, show or tell. Concealed for a reason, I'm sorry to say. You'll have to wait for another day.
8) Name an item you couldn't live without:
Posted 5th Dec 1:16pm